What is Important While Being In a Job For Long


Over the weekend, I logged into my LinkedIn account to check about who,in my friend list have got promoted, changed their jobs, and what are the skills or the certificates they have earned in the last 3 months. I congratulated all my friends having got promoted this year and wished them good luck for their new roles. LinkedIn is a fantastic platform to be in touch with people professionally and to learn more about job market and skills which are currently high in demand by employers.  Now a days most of the recruiters go through the profiles of candidates and shortlist people based on the information updated in their profiles. I believe it’s very important to have their profiles updated with the relevant and accurate information so as to get picked up by an employer.

While going through my feeds, I came across a question posted by a HR asking what's  most important to you when choosing a Job? Select anyone!  And the options she had given were ---Good salary, Better Company, Good Boss. I looked at all the options and thought out of these things whether I have in my current organization.  The thought made me realize that my organization is known for all these things mentioned here for good reasons. Then it led me to ask myself a follow up question whether I am happy with my professional life. While seeking the answer for this question, I find myself telling that Man, I have got one of the best companies which has been rated awesome in terms of pay, perks and work-life balance etc. Well, I am happy working for my organization. But the answer for the question she asked was even if I have all the things mentioned here, I would not cherish my professional life if I hadn’t the exciting work and a good team. For me, work and people have always been important while choosing a new role in a company or switching to a new company. My work must be interesting and challenging so that I get excited for work every single day. The second thing important for me is the people I work with because these are the people with whom you are going to discuss problems and the solutions for these and to spend a lot of time. Therefore, interesting work and right people in a team you work for, are the most important things while choosing a new job and being in the same job for long.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How technology is changing people's lives

Why a Language Exam Should be Included With Entrance Exams For Graduation